Hello, can you put a ♥ on your wall, without comment, only a heart, then send this message to your female contacts. After putting one ♥ on the wall of the person who sent you this message, if anyone asks why you have so many hearts on your wall, do not answer. It is for women only to remember it’s the week of breast cancer prevention! ♥ Check your boobies!! Hold your finger down on the message and hit forward.
If you are on Facebook Messenger, depending on how many “friends” you have, you’ve seen this message a dozen to a hundred times. It has circulated several times. Also, I have seen many posts with just the single ♥ on it.
Having worked specifically with women, breast thermography, and functional nutrition for the past 11 of my 32 year career, I have seen little attention given to breast cancer prevention. A recent study published in Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers, and Prevention, concluded that the incidence of breast cancer could be decreased by 35% with lifestyle changes.
If we care about breast health and prevention, let’s do something that makes a real difference.
Here are some strategies for breast cancer prevention to begin today:
- Support local farmers and accessible grocery and big lot stores that offer organic food.
- Contact your local and national representatives and let them know you don’t want your water contaminated with the carcinogens in fracking chemicals and pesticides.
- Buy and demand personal care products and cosmetics that do not include hormone-disrupting preservatives like parabens and phthalates.
- Buy natural deodorant without aluminum or alum, or make your own.
- Stay away from fluoride in your toothpaste and water. Learn about the toxicity and history of fluoride and ask your government to remove it from your local water source.
- Use inexpensive and non-toxic household cleaners like vinegar and baking soda.
- Cook in food-grade stainless steel, glass, or ceramic pots. Discard the nonstick. If the fumes can kill a bird, do you really want to eat that?
- Absolutely no plastic bottles, containers, and BPA-lined cans.
- Take an extra minute to heat up your food and ditch the microwave.
- Take the cell phone off your body and use the speaker or a hollow air tube headset.
- Increase the fruits and vegetables in your diet and decrease the red meat. If you barbeque, marinate your meat before cooking.
- Exercise to decrease your weight and stimulate your lymphatic system.
- Relax and eat mindfully.
- Decrease stress and practice relaxation techniques or meditation.
I guess it would be easier to put ♥ on Facebook, but that’s not going to prevent breast cancer. Living well, healthy eating, and adding breast thermography to monitor health status are strategies that can make a difference.
That I can put a ♥ on.
Contact Advanced Medical Thermography in Sherman Oaks and make an appointment for a breast thermography appointment and take the first step toward cancer prevention today!